Software Engineer Vacancy at IBM
Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provideindustry-leading solutions that make the world run today – planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBMand our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop Test Plan for public cloud offering to improve the availability, scalability, latency, security, and efficiency of cloud services.
- Design and develop Test Automation strategy and tools to improve efficiency of testing
- Identify and recommend improvements that can be implemented to continuously evolve and improve.
- Good at problem solving, debugging test failures and environment issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering, developing test plan and automation tools
- Bash, Python, Ansible, Github
- Security and Compliance
- Automation (Workflow ability to write tooling end-to-end, usability)
- Problem Determination and Isolation
- Linux Proficiency
- Docker, Kubernetes skills
- Networking Skills
- Experience with public/hybrid clouds.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise:
- Work in collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with a creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Collaborate and work in a global team structure with team members in other parts of the world
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Ready to pick up additional skills based on business requirements
The job location is Bengalore.