Finance Business Analyst Job At BNP Paribas in Canada
At BNP Paribas Canada, it is our employees which make the difference… Our 75 nationalities are part of our diversity!
Do you like challenges, a structured framework, the prospect of optimizing and innovating? You are known for your originality and want a certain freedom to think while sharing your knowledge and ideas?
… Come help us contribute to the growth of our Canadian platform!
You will benefit amongst other things from:
• Access to social volunteer and recreational programs, via our many Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
• Opportunities for career development through active internal mobility and our innovative training program: Canada Academy
• A brand new workspace, flexible, comfortable and easily adaptable to your needs: remote work opportunities, standing desks, innovation lab., open meeting rooms and spaces
The Finance Americas COO department ensures that appropriate solutions are put in place for the Finance (accounting) and Tax organization to meet their business objectives. The team acts as the bridge for the Finance and Tax organization to various departments within the BNP Paribas group, mainly the Business, PMO and Technology organizations in New York, New Jersey, California, Montreal, Mumbai, London and Paris.
The role resides within FCOO’s Finance Implementation Projects (FIP) team that works on a wide range of projects simultaneously arising from business and regulatory changes and strategic initiatives. The team is also responsible for the reengineering efforts of existing applications to improve functionality and efficiency. The team also provides first line user support through training, research and responding to general queries.
Candidate Success Factors:
Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
• Results and Impact
• Leadership and Collaboration
• Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
• Compliance Culture and Conduct
The Business Analyst has broad-based responsibilities for the functional design, specification and deployment of Finance Systems and Process changes initiatives at both a Legal Entity and IHC level. The hire will work as a team member of projects. This includes:
• Collaborate with various departments and teams both within and outside of Finance to devise strategic and well thought solutions to multitude of business initiatives.
• Conduct/facilitate working group meetings with effective presentation materials and documentation; prepare agendas, document-meeting outcomes and communicate to stakeholders and management
• Elicit, analyse, and document user requirements and business processes.
• Coordinate with technology teams for functional specification requirements, build / development, and testing methodology to ensure that user requirements are met at all stages and any risks and control deficiencies are mitigated.
• Support enhancement efforts of the overall control environment, including upstream processes and controls.
• Timely remediate issues and escalate effectively.
• Participate in project planning and cost estimates.
• Ensure superior on-time quality delivery of all projects and activities assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
• University Degree in Finance or Accounting related subject
• 5-8 years of work experience in project implementation in the field of financial services industry (e.g. Global Banking, Corporate and Investment Bank, Prime and Hedge Fund Services, Investment Management, etc.)
• Strong background with understanding of financial products and system architectures, including accounting business processes including financial and management reporting (e.g. IFRS and US GAAP), month-end closing process, regulatory reporting, entity consolidations and multi-currency accounting.
• Strong accounting and basic general ledger structure knowledge required.
• Ability to multitask, take lead and ownership and self-drive the agenda.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including business process and data analytics.
• Ability to work effectively in geographically dispersed cross-functional teams.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to multi-task and explain complex issues clearly and concisely to audiences of varying technical or accounting levels.
• Strong Microsoft Office skills and project management skills (e.g. Excel, Powerpoint, SharePoint)
• CPA, CA or equivalent certification strongly preferred.
• Fluency in one of more of these languages considered a plus: French, Spanish and/or Portuguese.
• Knowledge of emerging solutions and analytic tools preferred, e.g. robotics, Alteryx, AI etc.
• Regulatory Reporting knowledge preferred.
• Knowledge of SQL, MS VBA preferred.
About BNP Paribas
With more than 200,000 employees in 72 countries, the Group serves nearly 32 million individual customers and 850,000 professionals,
About BNP Paribas in Canada
With more than 900 employees, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.